Whether you are moving down the street or relocating, Anthony and Lisa Scaccia offer unique and powerful services to their Buyers. They take on the heavy lifting and offer home buyers a variety of services.
This website is always up to date with the most current listings. Home buyers can either use our search or browse our Featured Listings . The listings contain photos, descriptions and other valuable property information.
Anthony and Lisa Scaccia also offer community information for home buyers interested in the following areas; Rochester/Oakland, Birmingham/Bloomfield, Troy, Royal Oak, Orion\Oxford, Clarkston, Shelby Township and Washington Township.
As experts in the Birmingham/Bloomfield and Rochester, Michigan metro areas, our team has the local expertise and resources to help you find the perfect home for you and your family. We are intimately familiar with the neighborhoods and current listings within these areas and can assist home buyers in locating the home most suitable for their family and lifestyle.
The Birmingham/Bloomfield and Rochester areas of Michigan are thriving communities which offer home buyers a diverse economy, friendly atmosphere and many outdoor recreational activities. These benefits make both areas a terrific value for home buyers who wish to relocate to the region.
The Birmingham/Bloomfield and Rochester areas offer expansive estates, quaint bungalows and new, energy-efficient residences. The prospective Michigan home buyer seeking affordable homes for sale will find a range of diverse options. Anthony and Lisa Scaccia can work to match available homes to your needs and desires and can save home buyers time and by focusing their search on certain criteria and filtering out unwanted features.
Additionally, once you have found the home you want, our team will work to make your dream a reality. From preparing the offer, to negotiating on your behalf for the best possible price, our team will be at your side through every step of the home buying process.
As real estate professionals, we work closely with our clients. We aim to understand all of your real estate needs and goals and to help you find the best home at the best possible price. Contact Anthony and Lisa Scaccia and discover your dream home today!
The Buying Process
To begin with, we believe that the more informed you are, the better your experience will be. We have the resources to guide you through the home finding process, providing you with everything from detailed property searches to neighborhood information.
Below, we have included a general step-by-step list to help explain the home buying process. Some of these stages may seem confusing, but remember, we are here to answer any questions.
1. Determine your needs and budget
Before the search begins, it’s a good idea to define what type of house, neighborhood, and location best suits your needs and lifestyle. Have fun with this! Have you always wanted a wood fireplace? Is a large yard important to you? We recommend imagining your dream home, while also taking into account your financial considerations.
Once you share these details with me, I can offer feedback and advice to help develop a plan and goal moving forward. You may want to prioritize what specifications you are looking for in a new home to offer some flexibility when scouting for houses.
2. Get pre-approved for a loan
First, meet with a loan officer. Sharing income and financial information will give you a price range for which you are qualified.
- Get Pre-qualified
- Obtain a pre-approval letter
- Obtain a “Truth in Lending” letter explaining the costs of borrowing money
- Learn about the many loans available to buyers in today’s market
- Learn about closing costs
3. House search!
With your specifications in mind, I will use my resources to scout the marketplace on your behalf. When I find houses that meet your criteria, we can review them and schedule a tour at your convenience.
- When possible, all decision-makers should visit the various homes
- Always be candid–it will help me understand your particular needs
4. Prepare the offer
Once we have found the home of your dreams, we will help you determine an appropriate offer price by reviewing market trends and similar home sales. With your input, I will draft a written offer that outlines the price as well as the responsibilities of both parties in preparation for the transaction. If the seller accepts the offer, it becomes a binding contract. It is imperative that you carefully review the contract and clarify any aspects that are not clear to you prior to offering.
- I will go through the contract with you and complete your offer
- If negotiations are necessary, I will work to ensure that you and the seller agree on all terms
- All documents will be sent to the title company where a file will be opened, and title commitment and property tax information ordered
5. Make your loan application
- Give your loan officer a copy of the contract and apply for the loan
6. Inspect the property
In order to ensure your safety and the value of your investment, it is important to have the proper personnel thoroughly inspect the house after the offer and loan terms have been finalized.
- Select an inspector and arrange for both a general inspection and comprehensive pest inspection
- Depending on the property and location, I can also provide information about other environmental assessments
- The lender and title company will make arrangements for the property appraisal and survey
- Buyer will be provided a copy of the Title Commitment Letter
- Buyer will make arrangements for homeowner’s (hazard) insurance, and arrange for the insurance agent to talk with the closing officer at the title company
8. Seller’s closing is also arranged
- Buyer receives a copy of the closing statement for review prior to closing
- Buyer does a final walk-through inspection of the property
- The REALTOR arranges a closing date and time with the buyer and title company. Seller’s closing is also arranged
- Buyer brings a cashier’s check for all closing costs and the balance of the down payment
9. After closing
We will prepare the necessary documents required for closing such as title examination, payoff statements and deed. On the closing day you will sign all documents. The seller will be paid and you will receive the keys.
Congratulations, you just bought a new home!